Blizzard Entertainment announced Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans
Irvine, CA, March 17, 1997 -- Blizzard Entertainment announced today Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans, the pivotal next
chapter in the epic Warcraft saga. The fantasy adventure game, which is expected to release this holiday season, is the
continuation of the Warcraft story and sets the stage for future Warcraft titles.
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans picks up where Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal ended and develops many of the
popular characters and locations first introduced in the Warcraft real-time strategy series. Players return to the land of
Azeroth as Thrall, a young virile Orc robbed of his heritage after being raised in servitude by humans. Destined to reunite
and lead the disbanded Orcish clans, Thrall must escape the Humans' shackles and return the Horde to dominance.
Said Allen Adham, president and founder of Blizzard Entertainment, "With Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans, our goal is
to recapture the elements that make adventure games great. Players will be immersed in the world of Warcraft with a rich storyline,
character interaction and extensive exploration."
"The adventure game tells an important chapter in our overall vision for the Warcraft story. For the first time, players will
interact with the Orcish Horde, and learn about their history and motivations. The game adds to the depth of the Warcraft
universe and provides the back story for future titles."
Key features in the game include:
- More than 60 stunning locations within seven Azeroth regions.
- Intense gameplay filled with puzzles and extensive character interaction.
- Over 70 animated characters, including many of the familiar faces from the Warcraft series.
- More than 40,000 frames of feature-film caliber animation created by a team of over 50 artists.
- Hollywood voice talents of Clancy Brown (Highlander, Starship Troopers, and The Shawshank Redemption), Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime from the animated TV series, Transformers) and Tony Jay (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame).
- A classical soundtrack of Warcraft music.
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans is expected to be available this holiday season in Windows 95 and Macintosh CD-ROM
format at most computer and software retail chains nationwide for approximately $50. The game will also be available directly
through Blizzard at 1-800-953-SNOW. This game, as well as other Blizzard titles, is distributed by CUC Software.